Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Carrots!!!!!


Today was a first for both Hudson & I.
He ate carrots which I made and this was
my first go at homemade baby food.

I am going to try to make all of Hudson's baby food.
We started this past weekend with bananas. He took really well to those & now
we are moving on to carrots, the first thing I have had to cook.

Looks as if they turned out pretty good!!!!
I boiled a bag of whole carrots then mashed them up & placed what you see in the bowl
and the rest in cute little storage containers. It was both different & fun!
Different: because I fed Braxton store bought food. Another reason it was different is worry factor of "did I do it right?" How hard could it be, well that's what I thought to until I began reading info on making baby food. I learned that carrots are filled with Nitrates that are harmful to infants. I learned that you must NOT use the water you cooked the carrots in that you must use clean water or formula to make them the right consistency to eat.
Fun: because it's something new for me and I am interested in making Hudson a diverse eater from the start! It's also much healthier & more cost efficient!


I am not sure what that face is....
It looks as if he may not like them but he ate the entire bowl
so I am pretty sure he likes carrots at least for now.

I am eager to learn more about making baby food and more so interested in feeding Hudson things you can't get from store bought food. I will keep you posted on how it's going and what's next on the little man's menu!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment