Monday, March 15, 2010

Life goes on.....





It will be two weeks tomorrow that papa passed away. The past week was very unique in many ways. Braxton & I spent the night with Evelyne whom Braxton calls Cookie so I will use both names so try not to get confused!! This was really good for all of us. We went there on Monday March 8th which was one week from the time papa had entered the hospital for the final time. The three of us had a great afternoon we walked to the mailbox and fed the fish in pond, which was too cute! I had never been back to the lake before it's so pretty and Brax had a wonderful time! Later that evening Natalie came over (one of Evelyne's granddaughters) she spent the night with us as well and all of us went to dinner & Walmart! It was a lot of fun. We shared stories about Papa and just talked about life, it was really nice. I love hearing storeis of the two of them because Evelyne got to live the with "the retired stress-free" version of papa. It's so funny to see & hear of the differences of how he acted years ago and how he was more recently. For example: I found a picture of him sunbathing, yeah that's right, papa was laying in a lounge chair with his shirt off, swim trunks on, sunglasses just soaking up the rays on there hotel balcony in Hawaii. Too Funny, but I love it!!

Tuesday (3/9) morning made it a week to the day he passed away. This is one reason why I am glad we were there at Papa and Evelyne's house. I found it comforting to be with Evelyne and to be in papas house, call me weird I do not know but we all really enjoyed ourselves. I felt that this was and is a way for us to move on and still keep papa's memory alive & well in us. I know that he (papa) wants us to move on but move on in a way that is honoring to him & his life and that's just what I want to do!

The rest of the week we went to the Mtn house where we relaxed which was much needed after three weeks of running wide open. I did make my way back to Evelyne's that Thursday to help her run errands and just relax, we took a nap which was great! I really do enjoy spending time with her, I always have. I use to work for her & papa at her old store in Helen so they could travel and not be tied down. They( Papa & Evelyne) always told me stories then but now it's just so much more relevant and Evelyne's stories are not just about her & papa they are about her and her life prior to papa . It's really cool how God works and uses each of us to do different things in each others lives. I thank God time & time again for all of the unique things He does and for the people He places in my life. I look forward to spending many more nights at Cookies house as I love going there and so does Brax. That's his cookie!!!!

We love you Cookie!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment