Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Uhh OOOOHHHH!!!!!!!!


My son Braxton, is 16 months old and a REAL character! He thinks he is 3 already! Anyway, we have been introducing the pody to him just to see what he does and how he feels about this big round hole with water. For the past week or so he will get his stool beside the toilet and put it in front of the toilet and stand on it as if he were really peeing. TOO CUTE, let me just say! Well on Sunday the 26th of October 2009 he actually peed in it! I went nuts, jumping up & down screaming; "Great Job, way to go, that's awesome, your such a big boy" all the while he takes hold of the toilet bowl with both and looks down and says "uhhh ohhhh!!!" I was in disbelief he went pee in the pody.... this just amazed me and what's even more amazing is what gratitude we parents get when our children do something so little but in all actuality is HUGE! I can say that was one of the most proud & exciting moments that I have experienced as a parent. Now, you are most likely thinking he is only 16 months and yes I know he is YOUNG and I know it (peeeing in the pody) will be a random happening for a while to come but hey I just wanted to brag! Braxton did GREAT and that's all that matters! Parenting is truly a gift frrm God, He teaches us in so many ways that life and all of it's happenings mean nothing when it comes to HIS gifts that He generously hand to us. I can't thank my God enough for all the GREAT gifts He has blessed me with over my lifetime and yet he still seems to amaze me with both small & big things! Thank you God for letting me witness my son peeing in the toilet for the first time and it being such a HUGE deal. I never would have thought I would have ever been so grateful for one peeing in the toilet! Hahahaha, that just goes to show that uhhh ohhhhs are wonderful and most meaningful occurences in our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment